DentalWriter Forum

Your central resource for DentalWriter posts, blogs, training resources, faq's, and more.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   More BBCode Tags Check Spelling
Font Color: Font Size:
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
courtneydsnow Posted: Thursday, December 13, 2012 4:21:56 PM(UTC)

Hi Kim!

You are NOT required to accept the expedited amount. This is completely up to you.

The up side of accepting is that you will receive the listed reimbursement amount quicker - however, keep an eye out for language on that agreement that states you will also automatically accept that amount for that service for any other insurer who is contracted with multi plan that you may file a claim with in the future!!!!

The only down side is that if you do not accept, it will take additional time to receive the reimbursement (however, the reimbursement amount you receive will be higher that what is listed on the agreement).

Sometimes, if you do not accept the first agreement, they will try again with a slightly higher amount - but it is still an expedited agreement!

Hope this helps
ksheffielddds Posted: Thursday, December 13, 2012 3:41:51 PM(UTC)

We recently submitted a claim to Cigna Insurance for an exam with a charge for $70 (we are out of network with Cigna). We then received an "Expedited Agreement", faxed from MultiPlan. The agreement states that if I agree to accept the Expedited amount ($45.50) we agree not to bill the patient for the difference between the bill charged and the expedited amount. I am not sure if I should sign and accept this fee, or not sign and take my chances and see what Cigna will pay. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kim Sheffield