DentalWriter Forum

Your central resource for DentalWriter posts, blogs, training resources, faq's, and more.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   More BBCode Tags Check Spelling
Font Color: Font Size:
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
courtneydsnow Posted: Thursday, May 24, 2018 9:41:34 AM(UTC)

Hi Ema Jane!

Great question. Yes some insurers will require you to complete some paperwork in order to bill them as an out of network provider, however many insurers do not! For example, many times with your first claim or two, the medical insurer may ask you to supply a copy of your W-9. As I mentioned, there are some that will ask you fill out and submit some paperwork, and there are some that will refer to an organization such as the CAQH (https://www.caqh.org/) for credentailing information for their providers, so basically you would just register with CAQH and the insurers that use them would go get your info from them.

In short - we always say don't let out of network paperwork stop you from starting treating your patients and billing their medical! If the insurer requires anything before accepting your claims, you can certainly either call and ask, or file the claim/pre-auth and see if they ask for it then :)

The first step with any patient you see for sleep apnea is going to be to perform a benefit verification call - this will tell you all the good info you need to know like:
- does the patient even have out of network benefits available, or do you need to request a gap?
- how much deductible is left for the year, if any?
- what is the coverage % once the deductible is met?
- is a pre-authorization required before you do it?

Hope this helps!
Ema Jane Posted: Tuesday, May 22, 2018 5:10:13 PM(UTC)

Hi, So our dental practice has recently been talking about starting to bill out to medical for dental treatment or procedures. I was informed about having to begin with step one which is registering the Dr. to medical. I am having trouble figuring out how to cross that bridge and with what company. We are currently working with a patient who suffers through sleep apnea and are really wanting to accommodate him and use his benefits to their full potential. I'm wondering if theres a specific website to register under medical or if I would just have to register under the patients medical company.