DentalWriter Forum

Your central resource for DentalWriter posts, blogs, training resources, faq's, and more.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   More BBCode Tags Check Spelling
Font Color: Font Size:
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
courtneydsnow Posted: Friday, July 13, 2018 7:51:29 AM(UTC)

Hi tcfd1vldg!

Great question. It can be very difficult to get a secondary payer to reimburse anything before the primary insurer does, as those secondary's are designed to process after primary insurance.
However, we have had some practices report limited success in getting an insurer that is secondary to Medicare to chip in and process the secondary without the primary EOB, by either send a copy of your Medicare opt out letter and explaining that you cannot provide a primary EOB because you are opted out of Medicare and cannot send them a claim. Of course this isn't fool proof, but I have had some practices tell me it worked for them.

Hope this helps!
tcfd1vldg Posted: Wednesday, July 11, 2018 3:41:37 PM(UTC)

I have a patient with Medicare as primary and BCBS as his secondary medical. We don't participate with Medicare, but BC won't pay because they say they need primary EOB. I was told I could submit the claim back to BC by using modifer GA and having my patient fill out the ABN for non-covered services since Medicare likely would not pay anyway.

My claim came back denied again with the same reason. Any ideas?