DentalWriter Forum

Your central resource for DentalWriter posts, blogs, training resources, faq's, and more.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   More BBCode Tags Check Spelling
Font Color: Font Size:
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
courtneydsnow Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2013 10:42:41 AM(UTC)

Hi Jill!

The codes we see being used for medical billing the New Tom is imaging CPT code 70486 (crosscode to CDT D0322) and the reconstruction CPT code 76376 (crosscode to CDT D0360, 62, 63). Some practices do not charge the reconstruction fee, depending on how you would like to bill the patient.
The fees we usually see being reimbursed are ranging anywhere from about $250 to $500.

An update would definitely be very useful!
jill@djfongdds.com Posted: Wednesday, January 9, 2013 3:35:31 PM(UTC)

We recently purchased a NewTom unit. Please advise me the best way to code/bill for these images for medical and dental. Do we charge for each image (Ex tomos or lateral skull) individually or lump them under one scan code and charge for the interpretation also. Can you give me a range of fees? I think it has been a while since our software has been updated so we will probably need to do that.

thanks so much!