DentalWriter Forum

Your central resource for DentalWriter posts, blogs, training resources, faq's, and more.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   More BBCode Tags Check Spelling
Font Color: Font Size:
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Guest Posted: Wednesday, May 1, 2024 6:32:58 PM(UTC)

Hello!

My dental insurance denied a claim submitted by my dentist stating it needs to go to medical first. My dentist has never billed for a medical claim so I need some help, please:

Case:
My son tripped while running, fell and hit his two front teeth (#8 & #9) on the floor causing them to get knocked out. We saw the dentist on a Saturday evening (off-hours) where he was given some anesthetic and his teeth were replanted and splinted.

These were the dental codes:
D0140
D0220
D0230
D9440
D7270
D9230

I was doing some searches online for diagnosis codes, I came up with the following:
S03.2XXA - Dislocation of tooth, initial encounter
K08.414 - Partial loss of teeth due to trauma, class IV
G89.11 - Acute pain due to trauma
W18.00XA - Striking against unspecified object with subsequent fall

Questions:
Are the diagnosis codes correct for the case? Can all of them be submitted together, specifically S03.2XXA and K08.414, or just one of them? Is one better to use for this case than the other?

Thanks so much for the help!