DentalWriter Forum

Your central resource for DentalWriter posts, blogs, training resources, faq's, and more.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
tcfd1vldg
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 12, 2018 3:40:50 PM(UTC)
tcfd1vldg

I am reading that I do not necessarily have to be in network with a medical carrier to get coverage, but I read an exception is BCBS or BCN. Can I get paid by BC as an out of network provider?

Also, I want to try and get some coverage for a fixed bridge. Do I bill the 41899 code for each tooth included in the bridge with the modifiers listed for why? Or it is all billed under one code with the total fee attached?

Thanks!
courtneydsnow
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 12, 2018 4:25:14 PM(UTC)
courtneydsnow

Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Hi tcfd1vldg!

Correct, there are many medicare insurers/plans that you can successfully bill as an out of network provider. Basically, if the patient has out of network benefits available on their medical policy, then you're good to go! If the patient does not have out of network benefits available (i.e. many HMO plans only have in-network benefits available because they are cheaper plans), then you can attempt to request a gap exception to have the insurer honor the patient's in-network benefits to you as an out of network provider. That doesn't work 100% of the time, but we see great success with it in most areas still (mainly for sleep apnea appliances.....not so much for TMD & oral surgery services). Of course, all this information is information you find out during the benefit verification on the front end.
Are you a DentalWriter software client? If so, we have some great recorded study group sessions that teach out all about billing medical insurance as an out of network provider for medically necessary procedures performed in the dental practice setting found in the DentalWriter help center.

As for the bridge - I would bill 1 unit of 41899 with the full fee if it were me :)

Hope this helps!

tcfd1vldg
#3 Posted : Friday, April 13, 2018 7:10:14 AM(UTC)
tcfd1vldg

Very helpful! Thank you so much!

I don't know much about the dental writer, can you point me in a direction that could give me information and pricing available?
courtneydsnow
#4 Posted : Friday, April 13, 2018 8:55:01 AM(UTC)
courtneydsnow

Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Hi tcfd1vldg!

Of course no problem :)

Here is a link to some information to read and short video about the DentalWriter software: https://niermanpm.com/dental-sleep-billing-software

If you would like to schedule a live demo, you can do that here: https://niermanpm.com/demo
(or you can always call us at 800-879-6468 option 1)

Pricing does vary depending on whether you are looking at the server based software or cloud based software (as well as things like whether you want to do electronic medical billing or use our medical billing service), but one of our team members would be happy to review any of that during a demo or via phone if you'd like.

Hope this helps!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply
New Topic Post Reply