DentalWriter Forum

Your central resource for DentalWriter posts, blogs, training resources, faq's, and more.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
dr. chris sterling
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 11, 2012 3:21:20 PM(UTC)
dr. chris sterling

Can you please tell me what letter to use on a new pt who needs a pre auth for her ins? How do we get an amount from ins before we start treatment?

Thanks, Dr. Sterling
DentalWriter
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 11, 2012 3:22:09 PM(UTC)
DentalWriter

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Dr. Sterling: I would suggest that you call the insurance company to vertify the benefits. You can ask them if you need to send in a written pre auth or a medical claim form. Sometimes the insurance company will pre-auth over the phone and give you a number. If you need to send a letter, I would send the letter that you generated with the questionnaire and exam form. At the begining of the letter, you will state that you are sending it for pre-authorization of treatment.

Generally, the insurance won't tell you exactly what they are going to pay. They will tell you if it is a covered expense, deductible and what has been met and the split, i.e 80/20.

If you go into the nagivator in DentalWriter, there is a "copy the insurance card and vertify benefits" Quickletter that gives you a script.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply
New Topic Post Reply